Friday 27 May 2011

QUICK AND EASY DINNER

I am always trying to find healthy, quick and easy dinners. I made this recipe tonight and it's great, my kids actually ate meat and liked it! My daughter thought it reminded her of Chicken Soup as I served it with plan pasta on the side (no sauce). I made some changes to accommodate what I had at home and those changes are listed at the bottom.

Cheesy Chicken Meatballs


1 lb ground chicken
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup roasted garlic light cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBSP red pepper flakes
1 TSP Italian seasoning
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 1/2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 TSP salt
1 TSP ground black pepper


Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, stray with cooking spray.


Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Form mixture into 20 meatballs; place on prepared pan.


Bake in centre of preheated oven until juices run clear, 17-18 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read at least 165 degrees F.


Here is the link to print your own recipe. 


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesy-Chicken-Meatballs/Detail.aspx


Here are the changes, I made. I doubled the recipe and kept the 4 eggs however 3 would have been fine. I just added more bread crumbs but still kept it quite wet. I  used regular cream cheese and warmed it slightly in the microwave so it was easy to combine and subbed in greek seasoning for Italian, leaving the pepper flakes out. I added maybe 3 TBSP more cheese and left out the oil. DO spray your foil, they stick. Ground chicken is always moist and I didn't roll these into perfect little balls. I shaped them slightly and plopped them on the pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment