Tuesday 10 May 2011

NASCAR CAKE AND CINDERELLA CARRIAGE CAKE

My Dad loves car racing and he has been working hard the past few years to get through his bucket list. On his bucket list was to drive a Nascar and he has managed to check that off. When he was up for his Birthday, my husband couldn't resist the challenge of making a Nascar Cake to honour his bucket list accomplishment!





While I think the Nascar cake is cool, the Cinderella Carriage cake is my favourite. It's every little girls dream cake and if he's not careful, I might request another one for my Birthday. Our biggest challenge with this cake was weather. It was June and HOT. All the fondant wanted to do was slide off the cake. It was matter of working and refrigerating and working and refrigerating but we got it done. Of course the burnt sugar wheels are another story. 






No comments:

Post a Comment