Saturday 14 May 2011

MONKEY CAKE AND WEDDING CAKE

This is another cake for my son and it was inspired by Paul Frank. It was a big and scrumptious cake.



My brother was married a few years ago with a stunning backyard wedding. It was on the small side and catered. They decided against a cake because they weren't big on sweets. Well, with me in the family, I wasn't driving across two provinces to a wedding with no cake! HA! So we offered to make them one and wouldn't you know it, they were thrilled. It was a Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt Cake. We had made this cake a couple times before but not this big or for so many people. This cake is a bit of work. It has chocolate ganache, icing, layers of cake and nuts around the edges........is it worth it..........OF COURSE! To add a touch of charm, my very talented husband painted the little wooden people in the likeness of the couple for the top!


No comments:

Post a Comment