Wednesday 27 July 2011

QUICK AND DELICIOUS GRANOLA

I have made so much Granola in my life and I always try to make it low fat and healthy - booooooo. Well this recipe has many healthy ingredients but uses more butter then I usually try to use.  I think next time I make it I will reduce the butter by 2 TBSP.

SUPER- DUPER GRANOLA

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup plus 3 TBSP  honey
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup  oat bran
3 TBSP roasted flax seed (bought mine at Costco) or regular
1 1/2 cups  chopped nuts (don't chop to small)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup raisons
1/2 cup mix dry berries
1/4 cup chopped dried mango

Melt butter and honey together. Mix in salt to dissolve. Mix all the other ingredients together in a LARGE bowl, use your hands to mix well. Pour 1/3 of the honey mix at a time, stirring well after each pour. Mix well to coat all the dry mix, again use your hands, making sure the honey mixture isn't still hot. Spread it out on a jelly roll pan or sided cookie sheet. I don't spread mine too thin, I find the berries burn. There is nothing worse then burnt berries. If you are concerned about burning them, leave the berries out and 1/2 through cooking, add them. I baked mine at 350 F for about 14 minutes. Stir mixture about every 4 minutes. Let it cool and off you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment